Black Student Experience Working Group
Work collaboratively among students, faculty, and staff with a spirit of creative problem-solving and an openness to build inclusive and positive environments for Black student success and holistic well-being. Enhance the student experience by improving campus climate and student success opportunities for Black Highlanders.
This working group was not formed to do the work of other departments in supporting Black scholars; it was formed to ensure that the entire campus continually keeps Black scholar success as a focus in words and actions.
April 9, 2021 | Minutes
March 12, 2021 | Minutes
February 12, 2021 | Minutes
- La-Tonyette Buckley, student at UCR
- Jamal Myrick, director of UCR’s African Student Programs
- Shonté Thomas, associate dean of students of UCR’s Ethnic and Gender Centers
- Dominique Beale, admissions recruiter at UCR’s Community Engagement and Outreach and Undergraduate Admissions
- Allura Davis, assistant director at UCR's Community and Engagement Outreach and Undergraduate Admissions
- Alton Carswell, graduate student representative at UCR
- Demetrius Eulingbourgh, student at UCR
- Paul Green, associate professor of UCR’s Ethnic Studies
- Keona Henderson, president of UCR’s Black Alumni Chapter
- Will Pines, accessible technology specialist at UCR’s Student Disability Resource Center
- Raquel Rall, assistant professor at UCR’s Graduate School of Education
- Charles Woods, student member at UCR’s National Society of Black Engineers
If you are a student, staff, or faculty member who is interested in adding to the working group or are simply seeking additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.