ASP Peer Mentor
African Student Programs Peer Mentorship Program
In your college journey, get or give a little help along the way. Get a mentor to help you connect to campus resources and to boost your academic and social opportunities. Be a mentor to other students to give back, help someone transition to college life, and boost your leadership skills.
GET AN PEER MENTOR
Sign up for the African Student Programs Peer Mentorship Program and get paired with a skilled peer mentor – a UCR student – who can provide support for you during your academic year. How often you meet is up to you and your mentor.
An ASP PEER Mentor Will Help You:
- Get to know the campus, organizations, and events here at UCR.
- Utilize campus resources that can help you succeed.
- Strengthen your study, organizational, and time management skills.
- Discover educational opportunities that can help you achieve your goals.
- Maintain positive, encouraging relationships.
- Be accountable for your academic successs.
- Navigate academic and career path advice.
BE AN PEER MENTOR
For just a couple of hours per week, you can change a life. Become an ASP PEER mentor to help another student transition to college life, sharpen your leadership skills, and boost your resume. All mentors will receive mentorship training before getting matched with a student.
As an ASP PEER mentor, you will:
- Receive documented volunteer hours for your service.
- Grow as a leader.
- Impress employers with your service.
- Expand your personal and professional network.
- Gain the rewarding personal satisfaction of helping someone.