You Should Come
Consider this a permanent open invitation to our exciting mix of academic, cultural and social events. Celebrate unique traditions at the Nigerian Student Association Culture Show, connect with faculty at our annual Black Faculty/Staff Meet and Greet, expand your skills at the African/Black Coalition Conference, and make friends at our well-attended Block Party and Spring Splash after parties. Every event is another chance to grow as a well-rounded scholar and make one more perfect memory.
Add our event calendar to your Google calendar and get updates on our events automatically!
Please note: Events are subject to change. All events are open to ALL UCR students,
staff and faculty.
Black Highlanders have not only established themselves as the student group most likely to graduate from UCR, they havemadeour annual BlackGraduationone of the most moving and meaningful events on campus. Learn more about Black Graduation.
- UCR Senior Accepted at Nine Medical Schools
- Student-Made Suicide Prevention Video Wins First Prize in Statewide Contest
- Commencement Stories — Alwail Ring
- Civil Rights Pioneer Carlotta Walls LaNier to Speaks at UC Riverside
- African-American Students of the University of California Ask for Changes
- UCR Honors 40th Anniversary of African Student Programs During Black History Month
- A Convention in Indiana Inspires UCR Engineering Students to Keep Their Eyes on the Prize
- UCR African-American Students Are Staying and Succeeding
- UC Riverside Black History Month Celebrations
- Occupation: Student — a 1969 UCR Promotional Video
- African Black Coalition Conference
- African American Students Thrive with High Graduation Rates at UC Riverside
- Black Grad Goes Viral
- UC Riverside Ranks Among Nation's Best in Promoting African American Student Success, Study Finds
- University of California, Riverside a National Leader in African American Graduation Rates
- Ballerina Misty Copeland Speaks of Importance of Diversity, Determination at UCR Talk
- Technology Can Foster Unity, Says Ghana President John Dramani Mahama in UCR Talk
- Ghanaian President Mahama Speaks on Technology Bridging Cultural Divides in Talk at UCR
- Watch President Mahama’s presentation.
- The Least Celebrated, by Most Successful, Colleges for Graduating Low-Income Black Students
- UC Riverside: Program Aims to Close Racial Gap in Science Education
- Author Rebecca Skloot to Present Free Public Lecture at UCR as Part of Immortality Project Lecture Series
- The Ethics of Medical Research: An Evening with the Lacks Family
- UC Riverside to Host Second Annual Inland Empire Black Health Expo
- UC Berkley Administrator Ron Coley Headed to UC Riverside
- UCR Students Still the Largest Group of City Year Corps Members Working to Increase Graduation Rates in Poor Urban Schools
- Nigerian American UCR Student Profiled in The Voice
- UCR Campus and Community to Celebrate Life and Legacy of MLK
- UCR Freshman Adanna Duru Makes Top 11 on American Idol
- Shola Lynnch – UCR Alumnus and Filmmaker
- Medical School Officer and UCR Alumnus Appointed to Lead UCR Health